Which is your favorite destination to travel to during vacations, mountains or beaches? And if mountains then I am sure Himachal is on the top of your list. As it is always ready to visit holiday destinations in India. Himachal Pradesh is a full pack one-stop location to explore because this state has everything you need to enjoy. The state has majestic hill stations, astonishing views, and vibrant culture. Additionally, you can not miss tasting the delicious Himachali cuisine at the local restaurants.
Himachal Pradesh is located in the lower Himalayan ranges covering beautiful valleys, mesmerizing waterfalls, snow-capped mountains, and many more. Shimla, Kullu, Manali, and Kasol are parts of this charming state. The culture here combines different states as it shares its boundaries with them. However, the culture of Punjab has majorly affected its language and food. This state has so much to explore and we have tried to summarise some of them in this blog. Therefore, read this blog with us till last to learn about the culture and hidden gems of Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh is famous for
- Hill stations :- The state is famous for its delightful yet glorious hill stations. Each and every town of Himachal has its own unique quality and experience to explore. The state is a perfect holiday destination for travelers. However, this state offers various adventures and unforgettable memories.
- Food :- This is another reason that you will fall in love with the state. Himachal Pradesh offers a delicious blend of traditional and cultural Himachali cuisines. The food here is mainly animal and plant-based made of natural species and organic veggies. However, some specialties of the state are Dhaam, Babru, Siddhu, and the list goes on & on.
- Adventures :- Here you can encounter the adrenaline rush every 2nd minute. The hill stations here are the prime locations for experiencing the thrill and adventure. However, you can enjoy from scuba diving to skydiving along with the mesmerizing views. The state is a holiday hub for tourists as well as a paradise for travelers.
- Hospitality :- This place is well known for its hospitality and vibing nature of locals. The state is well known for the sweet and lovely behavior of locals. Here you can enjoy homestays with the people and enjoy their ways of living. Along with the mesmerizing beauty of the state, you can also experience the culture and tradition of the region in just one trip.
Major hill stations
- Shimla :- It is a significant hill station in Himachal Pradesh and one of the most famous tourist destinations. Here you can visit beautiful churches, explore the local culture on the streets of mall road, and capture the mesmerizing views of the lush green valley. Therefore, Simla will take you to the evergreen scenes from SRKs movies.
- Kullu :- It is a charming location on the shore of the beautiful Beas River. This town has various historical temples as well as viewpoints to explore. However, you can enjoy different adventure sports here along with the amazing mountain views. The whole valley is covered with Pine and Deodar trees.
- Manali :- This hill station is one of the highest points in the state. Manali is a perfect honeymoon as well as a holiday destination. The hill station has so much to explore and experience. It is set on the Bear River and is a gateway for trekking in Parvati as well as Solang Valley.
- Dalhousie :- The hill station is an amazing place to visit and explore the beauty of nature. It is a high-altitude town surrounded by five hills making it a mesmerizing location to spend time with your friends and family during the summers. However, the town has a vibe of the ancient colonial period still alive.
- Dharamshala :- The hill station is the winter capital of Himachal Pradesh state. The town is the home to the Dalai Lama. Moreover, it is an astonishing town where you can have various experiences of adventure sports, charming views, and a peaceful environment. It is a place where you can find no. of Buddha monasteries depicting the Tibetan culture.
Best time to visit Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is a full-year travel destination, i.e., you can plan a trip to Himachal every month. However, the state offers mesmerizing views as well as various adventures according to your preference of season. It is like if you want to enjoy snowfall then visit during the months of October to February. This is the most rush time of the year as people visit to witness the snowcapped mountain ranges.
But if you are an adventure junkie then visiting during the months of March to June will be the best time for you. As these are the months of Summer and Spring season which are the open houses for thrilling adventures between lush green valleys. Moreover, you can enjoy this charming hill station during the monsoon also. During the months of July to September, the state is a famous Honeymoon destination in the country.
Therefore, it can be concluded that Himachal Pradesh is a top tourist destination. The state is alluring and charming with uncountable places to explore. A trip to Himachal is a drug for adventure as well as travel enthusiasts. This hill station is the most beautiful one in the country. However, visiting here whenever you feel stressed with your hustled life will bring you peace and calm. Also, summarizing this neverending tourist destination in one single blog is kind of difficult. Therefore, check out our other blogs on Dharamshala, Bir Billing, Dalhousie, Narkanda, and Spiti Valley for detailed information.
If you want to know more about travel, then stay updated with Ghummoindia.com