Manali is a small town situated in the Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh. It is the most loved tourist spot in Himachal. The town is located on the bank of the Beas River. Manali is 6398 ft. high and 250 km away from Shimla. It is an archaic trade route between China and India. The town serves as a gateway for Spiti valley and Leh the city of Ladakh.
Manali is called the Valley of Gods. There is an old story related to this town. According to that Manu stepped onto the land of Manali to recreate humanity when a huge flood submerged the world. The town is named from Manu-Alaya, which means the abode of Manu.
It is a small town with a bucket full of experiences. The town offers a number of adventure sports with the most beautiful scenic views. Manali is the honeymoon capital of the country. The newlywed couples visit for spending some time in its romantic atmosphere and mystic beauty. The town gives a delightful view of Pir Panjal and Dhuladhar ranges covered with snow.
Manali is a hub of adventure sports. Parallel with its natural charm the town is known for its unlimited breath-taking adventure sports. It is the prime location for adventure junkies. They can put their feet on hights, fly freely in the clear skies, camp near the beautiful Beas River, trek on high mountain ranges, and so on. The town has so much to experience and some are as follows:
- Paragliding :- Manali is famous for its paragliding sports at 2025 meters above sea level. It is the best way to view this picture-perfect hilly town with a beautiful green valley, snow-covered mountain peaks, and crystal-clear blue sky having excellent wind conditions. The professional gliders are trained and trustworthy, they provide pre-gliding training and ensure full safety before the adventure.
- Skiing :- Solang Valley and Rohtang Pass offer thrilling skiing experiences in Manali. The undulating slopes capped with snow are the finest destination for winter sports. Skiers come from across the world for enjoying these valleys. Terrains here are the ideal location for beginners to have their first move in skiing.
- Zip Lining :- It is one of the booming sports of Manali. In this activity, a person is hanged between two locations and then slides from one end to another. The distance between the locations is nearly about 504 meters. Through this adventure, you can have a bird-sight view of this lovely town.
Tourist attractions of Manali
- Hidimba Temple :- It is a temple situated in the beautiful cedar forests of Manali. The temple is dedicated to Hidimba Devi mother of Ghatothkach. Temple surrounds handicraft and cultural markets and cafeterias. The temple is a must-visit tourist location in Manali.
- Jogini Falls :- it is the 150 ft. high waterfall from sea level. Jogini water trek is a 2.5 km trek through lust green forest and tinny trees on the way. It is a moderate and quite pleasant trek.
- Old Manali :- Divided by Beas river from new Manali. Tourists visit old Manali to have peace and relax in the beautiful town 6000 ft. above sea level. The town is famous for its cafes and restaurants, offering delicious foods. Tourists hire scooters and bikes to trail through the roads of the lovely town.
- Manali Sanctuary :- it is one of the must-visit locations in Manali. The sanctuary is the home to various jeopardy species of flora and fauna. It covers of a wide area of 3180 hectares, including different routes for trekking. The sanctuary allows tourists to campaign inside it, making it a thrilling and adventure spot.
- Mall Road :- It is the heart of Manali and the top tourist attraction in Manali. Mall road is a perfect blend of the culture and architecture of Himachal Pradesh. It is a busy street throughout the day as well as at night. The street has various traditional shops and cafes offering delicious food of Manali. Mall road is a perfect location for tourists to have vibrant pictures.
How and when to reach
The best months to visit Manali is of September and October. These are the months when the monsoon ends and winters get started. During this time weather here is pleasing and a bit cold at night. It is the best time to trail around the town and enjoy the picturesque views of its snowy mountains. Honeymoon couples mostly visit here between September to February. This time the weather is quite chilling and romantic.
Manali is an easy-to-access location. The hill station is connected to various cities in the country. Tourists can visit town via road and air transport. The town serves well connected with road networks having multiple bus services. Tourists can also visit by their own transport. Kullu Manali Airport in Bhutra is 50 km away from Manali. The airport connects with Delhi and Chandigarh for direct flights. Tourists can also visit via railways to Joginder Nagar railway station which is nearest to the town and also chooses the train to Chandigarh and Ambala cities.
Therefore, it can be concluded that Manali is full of experiences. The town is a backpacking destination for tourists and travelers. It is a center of endless adventures and unique experiences of life. Hence, it is a paradise for nature lovers as it gives a view of a wide range of endangered species of mammals, birds, flora, and reptiles. Manali is an adobe of love with its mesmerizing beauty, picturesque views, romantic weather, and so on.
If you want to know more about travel, then stay updated with ghummoindia.