Shimla was such a place that the Britishers liked so much that on the rule of British time in India, they made it the summer capital. This city is made up of dense forest, colonel architectural buildings, amazing sunset views, and many beautiful views. Today in this article, we are discussing Shimla, so if are planning for a trip then stay tuned with us.
Another name of Shimla is “Queen of Hills”. In 1864, when India was under British rule, the government of that time declared Shimla as the summer capital of India. After independence, it was made the capital of the then Punjab State. Currently, Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. Whenever you visit, you will get to see many buildings of British architecture, which have been preserved very well by the Himachal Pradesh government.
Ways To Reach Shimla
The best way to reach Shimla is to board the Kalka Shimla toy train. The journey of the Kalka Shimla railway line is a very beautiful journey. You will complete the journey from Kalka to Shimla in 5 to 6 hours by toy train. Your journey will pass through many narrow tunnels and curvy railway tracks.
You will not have to take a taxi when you come to Shimla on the toy train and you can also come by walking from the railway station direct to Mall Road. Moreover, you can easily reach Shimla by road from Delhi in 7 to 8 hours. Furthermore, you will get HRTC, VOLVO buses from Delhi’s Kashmere Gate ISBT.
Tourist Places in Shimla?
- The Ridge – This is the city centre of Shimla and the best thing here is that it is a total vehicle free zone. That’s why you can escape from the traffic of the city and take a walk. Around the ridge, you can see the many beautiful britishers architectural buildings. Because of its stunning features, this location is one of the most documented in the town. You can visit here every day from 8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.
- Scandal Point – The Maharaja of Patiala had fallen in love with the daughter of the British Viceroy and had taken her from this place in 1892. The scandal point is positioned in between the mall road and the ridge and this is the most popular hangout place in Shimla.
- Mall Road – On mall road, you will see cafes, bakeries, coffee corners etc where you can spend your time. You will find many shops on the road which are going on since British times.
- Lakka Bazaar – The Lakka Bazaar is the spot to just go if you would like to buy from small shops and encounter friendly people. The bazaar is located on the Jakhoo Peak’s slopes as well as being a fun area to spend an evening.
- Johnnie Wax Museum – At here you can spot some famous personalities statues like – Mahatma Gandhi, Michael Jackson, James Bond, Harry Potter etc. You can snap your picture while standing next to your famous star. The timings of this museum are 10:00 a.m to 10:00 p.m as well as the entry fees to enter in this museum is Rs 250 per person. There is no any charge for the children’s who are under the age of 5.
How Shimla Name Was Derived?
Many people go to roam with family during the summer or the school holidays. Shimla is very busy during the summer. Visitors come here from abroad. Shimla was named after Shyamal Devi, who was the son of Kali Maa. It attracts both Indian and foreign tourists. Being a mountainous region, it is also called a mountainous city and here you can see beautiful green fields full of orchards, snowflakes, and mountains.
Best Time to Visit Shimla
The best time to visit Shimla is from March to June. This is the most perfect and actual time for the visit. In this time duration, the weather becomes very pleasant and satisfying. You can also enjoy some outdoor structural activities like – Paragliding, trekking, camping, etc. So, whenever you make a plan with your family and friends come in between March to June.
To Sum Up
Shimla is a wonderful natural blessing because everybody is stunned by its beauty. This area also receives snowfall practically every year during the winter, and it is frequented by thousands of people. It offers a stunning panoramic view. Every year, billions of travelers go to enjoy the lovely weather and mountain views.
If you want to know more about travel then, stay updated with ghummoindia.