Dalhousie is a beautiful hill station in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh state. This hill station was established by Lord Dalhousie in 1854 in the foothills of Dhauladhar Ranges. It is a peaceful town with the most astonishing view of the lush green forests as well as snow-capped mountain ranges. The town is one of the most famous hill stations in the country. This place is famous for its picturesque views as well as for its warm hospitality. It is a small town with uncountable experiences and moments.
The hill station has so many different things to do. You can explore various styles of architecture in British buildings, mansions, and churches. In the town, tourists can indulge in numerous adventures as well as enjoy the twists and turns of the hills. It is a place where you can enjoy alone as well as with your family and friends. This hill station has the vibe of history with the essence of peace in its environment. The town is spread over five hills named Tehra, Bakrota, Bolun, Kathlog, and Potreys.
- Mall Road :- This is the most crowded street in the hill station. Unlike other hill stations, it is just a small street at Gandhi Chowk. Here you will find the specialties of the town such as different kinds of pickles, handicrafts, and local street food. The town is famous for its various kinds of street foods whether veg or non-veg.
- Satdhara Falls :- This waterfall is a combination of seven streams. People say that it has medical healing properties in its water. This is a mesmerizing waterfall on the way to Panchpula, moreover one of the must-visit destinations of the town.
- St. John Church :- This church was built in 1863 and it was the first church in the town. It is a famous church for its astonishing architecture along with the center location. The church is situated on Gandhi Chowk near Mall Road. This is the most worshiped church in the town.
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary :- The sanctuary is one of the best places for adventure junkies. Tourists can explore the exciting trek between the long trees of Deodar and Oak. This wildlife sanctuary is famous for its exotic views of flora and fauna. Here you can see Black Bears, Pheasants and Serow.
Things to do in Dalhousie
- Paragliding :- It is the best as well as the most thrilling adventure sport of Dalhousie. This is a jump from 4000 ft. above the sea level. Here you can witness the mesmerizing views of the mountain ranges covered with lush green forests. If you are an adventure lover then this is a must to do thing for you.
- Rock Climbing :- This is another thrilling sport here. Rock climbing is an activity done with high experience and training. In this activity climbing on the mountains with the help of harnesses and safety gear is very exciting as well as amazing.
- Camping :- If you want to relax your soul away from the noises of the city then it is the best place for it. Camping in the dense forests of Deodar, Oak, and Pine trees is an amazing experience. Here you can spend the most peaceful time as well as create some unforgettable memories.
- Zorbing :- This is a fun activity performed by people of all age groups. In this, a person is rolled down from the hill in a plastic bubble ball with safety measures. This activity is very famous here. It requires an area of approximately 100 meters to roll down from the hill.
- Trekking :- This adventure sport is an amazing sport here. You can trek on the snow-capped mountains as well as on lush green ranges. These treks have a beautiful view of the town and nearby valleys. The most famous site for trekking in Dalhousie is Daikund Peak. This peak is the highest point of the town, which is 9000 ft. high.
Nearby places to explore in Chamba Valley
- Khajjiar :- It is 22km away from the main town. This place is famous as the Mini Switzerland of India. Khajjiar is an astonishing location surrounded by snowy mountain ranges along with long Deodar and Pine trees. Here you can enjoy various activities like horse riding, zorbing, and many more. It is a beautiful destination with picturesque views.
- Panch Pulla :- This is the most mesmerizing location of the town. This place has a paranoic view of the waterfall with astonishing surroundings. It is one of the must-visit locations of Dalhousie as well as a perfect picnic spot. Here you can experience the peace in its environment. Panch Pulla literally means five bridges which were formed here in ancient times with the use of bamboo, husk, and coconuts.
- Dainkund Peak :- This is the highest peak of the town which is 9000 ft. above the sea level. This is the best trekking spot here where you can experience scenic views and exciting treks. This peak is 10km away from the main town as known Singing Hills. Moreover, from the peak, you can see the three rivers Chenab, Ravi, and Beas flowing via green forests.
- Chamera Lake :- It is an artificial lake formed on the river Ravi. This lake is at 25kms from the hill station. The lake is a part of the Chamera Hydroelectricity Project. Here you can see the dam which is the main source of water for the locals. This astonishing location has scenic views with different water sports like rafting, canoeing, kayaking, etc.
Therefore, it can be concluded that Dalhousie is a perfect location for vacations. Here you can enjoy as well as experience the scenic views of the valley. Hence it is a beautiful location with uncountable locations to visit. Additionally, you can create thousands of memories here with your friends and family. People come here to spend alone time with their own selves and relax from their busy lives. It is a mesmerizing hill station with forests covered with Deodar trees and full of hidden valleys. At last, it is a charming location since the colonial period.
If you want to explore more about travel, then stay updated with Ghummoindia.com.